Brent Adamson, co-author of The Challenger Sale and The Challenger Customer, presented at the IES on September 15 to an overflow crowd.
IES member Dawna Newcomb published a comprehensive overview of the key points Brent made in her excellent LinkedIn post.
She summarizes Brent’s key messages.
- Give up on the fantasy of winning a science or technology game
- Accept that your customer’s dysfunctional buying process is now your problem
- Continually ask: What are we doing to make the buying process easier?
- Become a Buying Coach and Consultant – and know the difference
- Avoid Premature Elaboration
- Communicate what you have learned from other clients during the buying process
If you’d like a copy of Brent’s presentation, send an email to the IES.