Improve Your Sales Performance with an
IES Sales Mentor!
The IES Mentor Program is a dynamic resource for sales professionals. Many IES, at various stages of their sales career, members have benefited from the insight and wisdom of veteran sales professionals in one-on-one and group sessions. Imagine being able to ask a true sales expert for advice on how to become a better sales executive or how to accelerate your sales career!
Extensive research shows a high correlation between Mentor programs and individual success and career growth. As part of IES member benefit and at no additional cost, IES mentors will conduct up to six one-on-one sessions with their Protégé over the period of six months. This represents a significant opportunity for IES members.
Read IES Executive Director Fred Diamond’s blog about the mentor program here.
Information for proteges: As an IES Achiever member, you will be assigned a Mentor at no additional cost to you! This member benefit represents a “marketplace” value in the range of $2,000 to $2,400, and an immeasurable value to your sales career. The individual serving as your Mentor will have significant experience in the professional sales arena. Note also that your Mentor has graciously donated his or her time to work with you. Each has been vetted and approved by the IES Leadership Council.
- There will be a total of six sessions occurring over a six-month period. Commitment to all 6 sessions ensures maximum benefit.
- You will be encouraged to meet in person with your Mentor at least once. Follow up sessions can be conducted by phone or Skype.
- Each session will be limited to fifty minutes.
- Use the Mentor for sales related strategic questions in your job or career.
- Think “big picture” with your mentor
- Conversations will be confidential – both parties will be encouraged to establish a high level of Trust.
- After the six months – you may contract for a fee with your Mentor for more help and advice.
- Candidates are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Have fun – Take advantage of this opportunity. It has the potential to be highly valuable to you.
After completing an application, your assigned mentor will be contacting you for the introductory meeting and to create the mutually agreed plan!
Information for Mentors: Mentors benefit from the IES Mentor program in several ways:
- You become instrumental in elevating respect for our sales profession and helping guide a person with their sales career.
- You become integral to “growing” our IES organization in particular.
- As a volunteer you will help a person to grow and be successful.
- You can promote and advertise yourself as an “IES Mentor”.
- You can attend events at a special discount.
- You will be identified at IES events – ribbon on name badge, acknowledged in Program, acknowledged from podium, depicted on IES web site, etc.
- You will be invited to a special Mentors Only programs.
Become an IES member and take advantage of the Mentor program today!
Become an IES Mentor or Protege
It’s very easy to become an IES mentor or protege. Simply click the Learn More button below or call the IES at 703.628.6910.